Hello All,
My name is Amal. I received
my B.A. in Education and Second Language Teaching from Hodeidah University,
Yemen. After getting my undergraduate degree, I worked for one year
as a teacher of English. And when I came to Missoula, I tutored Arabic to some
native speaker of English. I also worked in Franklin school, as a bilingual
tutor to teach English to native speakers of Arabic. Currently, I work as web
designer at the University of Montana. I designed the website for the Central and Southwest Asian Studies Center and
developed the Arabic website and at the UM. I like drawing and I am familiar with some programs
such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Swishmax, cascade for developing
websites and Dreamweaver. I would like to learn more about these programs and other programs, and how to use them for educational purposes.
I have been in Missoula since 2004. I came to the US to join my husband when he was doing his doctorate at the UM. My first language is Arabic and both my husband and I are from Yemen. I have two kids, the eldest is alsmost 4 years old and the youngest is going to be 3 soon. My husband and I are trying to make them bilingual, speaking Arabic and English. I speak with them using Arabic and my husband uses English all the time. As a result, my kids are speaking Arabic with me and shift to English with their dad.
I have been in Missoula since 2004. I came to the US to join my husband when he was doing his doctorate at the UM. My first language is Arabic and both my husband and I are from Yemen. I have two kids, the eldest is alsmost 4 years old and the youngest is going to be 3 soon. My husband and I are trying to make them bilingual, speaking Arabic and English. I speak with them using Arabic and my husband uses English all the time. As a result, my kids are speaking Arabic with me and shift to English with their dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment